Brake System Warning Signs
- The steering wheel shakes when you apply the brakes
- The brake pedal is lower than usual
- The brake pedal is mushy or very hard to press
- The Brake or ABS warning light comes on
- The brakes make a squealing or grinding sound
- It has been more than a year since you had your brakes checked
Brake System Evaluation
At Smithtown General Tire and Service our ASE certified technicians have the latest diagnostic equipment and expert know-how. We use superior brake parts and components made from premium materials for your vehicle. Our technicians remove all four wheels to inspect the brake pads and rotors for wear. As well as, checking all hydraulics and fluids. We will then review our evaluation with you and recommended solution.
Brake System Services
- Install new brake pads
- Replace brake rotors
- Replace brake fluid
- Replacement & sectioning of rusted brake lines.
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) diagnosis and repairs
- Computerized scanning and testing for proper activation